Print Recipe Tater Tot Casserole Another classic midwestern casserole from my Childhood; better and healthier (sort of ) than the average tater tot hot dish. Author: Dave Ingredients2 can Frenched Green Beans1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup1 small pnion diced1 lb Ground BeefSaltBlack Peppertater […]
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 3 green peppers large
- 1 onion small, diced
- 3/4 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Half and clean the peppers and cook in microwave for about 2 min, or until just slightly softened.
- Place peppers in 9x13" baking pan; or one of a size that holds everything.
- Sauté the onions and the ground beef.
- Mix all ingredient together and pour over peppers.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 45min., or until the peppers are cooked through.
- As desired, add more cheddar on top of the peppers near end of cooking and let melt.
Print Recipe Spinach and Artichoke Dip Easy Spinach and Artichoke dip. Author: Dave Ingredients6 oz Parmesan cheese grated6 oz ramano cheese grated13 oz Sour Cream16 oz cream cheese8 oz mayo2 lb frozen spinach chopped64 oz artichoke hearts julieanned4 cloves garlic minced1/2 oz salt and pepper […]
Print Recipe Spicy Dry Rub This is a great rub for pork, chicken, or pretty much any dead animal that’s scheduled to be roasted, charred, or otherwise turned into flavorful, and slightly spicy food. Author: Dave Ingredients1 cup brown sugar1 cup Kosher Salt1 cup paprika3/4 […]
- 500 g boneless chicken breast cubed or pounded and sliced
- 24 Skewers soaked for several hours
- 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 shallots peeled
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- Soak the tamarind pulp in the warm water for 5 minutes. Mash with fingers and strain to obtain juice. Grind the garlic, shallots, coriander seeds, cumin, salt, and tamarind juice to a smooth paste in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oil.
- Add cubed/sliced chicken. Mix well and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread 4-5 chicken cubes or one long slice to each skewer. Grill under a flame broiler or over a barbeque grill until golden brown on both sides and cooked, about five minutes.
- Serve with dipping bowls of the Peanut Sauce and Sweet Soy Dip
Print Recipe Salerno-Style Spaghetti Author: Dave Ingredients2 slices bread torn into quarters10 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil4 clove garlic minced1/2 tsp red pepper flakes2 Tbsp Kosher Salt1 pinch Black Pepper1 lb spaghetti1 oz parmesian grated plus extra for serving1 cup parsley fresh, minced4 eggs InstructionsAdjust […]
Red Lentil Soup
- 1 1/2 cup Red Lentils
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 2 Tbsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Ginger fresh peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 cup water, vegetable stock, or chicken stock
- 1 can peeled, seeded, diced, tomatoes 15-25oz
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
- mint or cilantro
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until tender and translucent, 8-10 min.
- Add the coriander, cumin, ginger, turmeric, and cayenne and stir to mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, to release the flavors of the spices, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lentils and then gradually add the water or stock, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low, cover partially, and simmer until the lentils are very soft, 30-45 min.
- Stir in the tomatoes and lemon juice and cook until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, sprinkle with mint or cilantro.