Print Recipe Stuffed Peppers Mom’s Stuffed peppers. Author: Dave Ingredients15 oz Tomato Sauce1 tsp sugar1 tsp dried basil1 tsp salt2 cup cooked rice3 green peppers large1 onion small, diced3/4 lb Ground Beef1/2 cup grated cheddar InstructionsHalf and clean the peppers and cook in microwave for […]
Print Recipe Spinach and Artichoke Dip Easy Spinach and Artichoke dip. Author: Dave Ingredients6 oz Parmesan cheese grated6 oz ramano cheese grated13 oz Sour Cream16 oz cream cheese8 oz mayo2 lb frozen spinach chopped64 oz artichoke hearts julieanned4 cloves garlic minced1/2 oz salt and pepper […]
Spicy Dry Rub
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 1 cup paprika
- 3/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/2 cup onion powder
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cumin Powder
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in airtight container.
Print Recipe Sate Ayam Author: Dave Ingredients500 g boneless chicken breast cubed or pounded and sliced24 Skewers soaked for several hours2 tsp Tamarind Pulp2 Tbsp hot water3 cloves garlic peeled4 shallots peeled1 tsp coriander seeds1/4 tsp cumin seeds1/2 tsp salt1 1/2 Tbsp Oil InstructionsMarinadeSoak the […]
- 2 slices bread torn into quarters
- 10 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 oz parmesian grated plus extra for serving
- 1 cup parsley fresh, minced
- 4 eggs
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pulse the bread in a food processor to coarse crumbs, about 10 pulses.
- Toss the bread with 2 TB of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the crumbs out evenly in a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring often, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes; set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot for the pasta.
- Meanwhile, cook 3 or more TB of the oil, garlic, pepper flakes and 1/4 tsp salt in a 12" non-stick skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until the garlic foams, is sticky and straw-colored, 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the garlic mixture to a small bowl, set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean with paper towels and set aside.
- Add 1 TB salt and pasta to the boiling water. Cook according to directions.
- A minute or two before draining pasta, return the skillet to low heat for 5 minutes (for the eggs).
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water, the garlic mixture, 3 more TB of oil, Parmesan, parsley and 3/4 tsp salt and toss to combine. Cover and set aside to keep warm while cooking the eggs.
- When the skillet is hot, add the remaining 2 TB oil and swirl to coat the pan. Individually fry your eggs over-easy, making sure to keep the yolks runny, and top a serving of spaghetti with the egg. Serve immediately.
I stress the importance of having runny egg yolks on the finished dish. The yolk makes up part of the sauce that makes the dish so good.
Print Recipe Red Lentil Soup A very delicious and satisfying lentil soup. Author: Dave Ingredients1 1/2 cup Red Lentils3 Tbsp unsalted butter1 Large Yellow Onion2 Tbsp Ground Coriander2 tsp Ground Cumin2 tsp Ginger fresh peeled and grated1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric1 pinch cayenne pepper6 cup water, […]
Perfect Roast Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken Approx. 3lb
- Black Pepper
- Allow chicken to warm to room temperature on the counter. Approximately 2 hours for a 3lb. bird.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Remove the wishbone from around the neck of the chicken. This makes carving the bird easier.
- Coat all sides of the chicken, inside and out, with salt and pepper and tightly truss the chicken.
- Place on a oven suitable pan, preferably on a roasting rack so the bottom of the chicken doesn't get too soggy.
- Place pan in 475 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken, lower oven temperature to 400 degrees, and baste the chicken with the fat that has dripped into the pan.
- Re-place chicken in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes. If chicken is not finished cooking replace in oven and check ever 5 minutes or so until it is done.
Print Recipe Peanut Sauce Accompaniment to Sate Ayam Author: Dave Ingredients2 tsp oil2 birds-eye chilies3 cloves garlic minced200 g unsalted peanuts dry roasted and skinned1/2 tsp salt3 Tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar250 ml hot water InstructionsHeat the oil in a small saucepan. Cook the […]