I hesitated about posting this as a recipe exactly because it's made thousands of ways and you can add whatever sounds good. So think of this as a stock recipe that can be modified however you like it.
- 2 cup cabbage cut into pieces (any cabbage works)
- 1 cup carrott shredded
- 1 cup scallions sliced (use the whole stalk)
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger grated
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 pkg yakisoba noodles
- 1 cup Onion sliced
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp sake
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 lb pork cutlet sliced into strips
- Pre-boil noodles and set aside.
- Mix the soy sauce, sake, oyster sauce, sugar, and tamarind.
- Fry pork strips until browned set aside.
- Saute the garlic and ginger, then add veggies and stir fry until wilting.
- Add noodles and continue to fry another min.
- Readd pork add the sauce mixture and toss to coat fry another min
- Remove from heat and add seasame oil mix and serve.
If you're feeling lazy they make pre-packaged yakisoba sauce which isn't bad, just a little too sweat for me. Feel free to experiment with quantities, or add some sriracha for some extra flavor.