Popcorn on the Stovetop
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 9 minutes
Servings 2 People
- 1/3 Cup Popcorn Any type of kernels
- 1 Tbsp Oil High smoke point preffered
- To Taste Popcorn Salt Popcorn salt has smaller grains, but any salt will work
Put oil in vessel and place on medium heat.
Add 2 or 3 kernels to the oil immediately.
When test kernels pop add the rest of the kernels and turn the burner to high.
Frequently agitate to ensure the popcorn don't burn.
Once the popping noise stops, take off heat and place into a bowl.
Toss with salt while still hot and serve.
- I use a Whirlypop, but a covered bowl will work just as well as long as it is covered (YouTube Alton Brown's popcorn making)
- Cooking time varies by your stove's burner output, adjust as needed.