Popcorn on the Stovetop
Servings 2 People
- 1/3 Cup Popcorn Any type of kernels
- 1 Tbsp Oil High smoke point preffered
- To Taste Popcorn Salt Popcorn salt has smaller grains, but any salt will work
- Put oil in vessel and place on medium heat.
- Add 2 or 3 kernels to the oil immediately.
- When test kernels pop add the rest of the kernels and turn the burner to high.
- Frequently agitate to ensure the popcorn don't burn.
- Once the popping noise stops, take off heat and place into a bowl.
- Toss with salt while still hot and serve.
- I use a Whirlypop, but a covered bowl will work just as well as long as it is covered (YouTube Alton Brown's popcorn making)
- Cooking time varies by your stove's burner output, adjust as needed.