Print Recipe Norseman Gin Ricky Very bright and refreshing version of a Gin Ricky that Marina had at Eat Street Social Prep Time5 minsCook Time1 minTotal Time6 mins Course: DrinksCuisine: American Servings: 1 Drink Author: Dave Ingredients55 ml Norseman Gin25 ml Lime Juice2.5 ml […]
Print Recipe Kettle Corn Prep Time2 minsCook Time5 minsTotal Time9 mins Cuisine: American Servings: 2 People Author: Dave Ingredients1/3 Cup Popcorn Kernels Mushroom kernels work best2 Tbsp oil I use peanut or canola but any neutral oil works1 tsp Demerara Sugar1 tsp White Sugar1/4 […]
Popcorn on the Stovetop
- 1/3 Cup Popcorn Any type of kernels
- 1 Tbsp Oil High smoke point preffered
- To Taste Popcorn Salt Popcorn salt has smaller grains, but any salt will work
- Put oil in vessel and place on medium heat.
- Add 2 or 3 kernels to the oil immediately.
- When test kernels pop add the rest of the kernels and turn the burner to high.
- Frequently agitate to ensure the popcorn don't burn.
- Once the popping noise stops, take off heat and place into a bowl.
- Toss with salt while still hot and serve.
- I use a Whirlypop, but a covered bowl will work just as well as long as it is covered (YouTube Alton Brown's popcorn making)
- Cooking time varies by your stove's burner output, adjust as needed.
Print Recipe Dumpling Dipping Sauce (Jiaozi Jiang) Taiwanese dumpling dipping sauce from “The food of Taiwan” page 56. Prep Time10 minsTotal Time10 mins Cuisine: Taiwanese Servings: 1 Cup Author: Dave Ingredients2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar1/2 tsp Sesame Oil1 tsp Fresh Ginger julienned […]
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas picked through and rinsed
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 qt. water
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 6 Tbsp tahini stirred well
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp cilantro or parsley minced
- Cover the beans with 1 quart of water and soak overnight. (Not included in prep time.)
- The next day, drain the beans. In a saucepan, bring the beans, baking soda and a fresh quart of water to a boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, 1.5-2 hours. Reserving 1/4 cup of the bean cooking water, drain the beans and let cool.
- Combine the lemon juice and reserved cooking water in a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk together the tahini and 2 T of oil in a second bowl or measuring cup. Set aside 2 T of chickpeas for garnish.
- Process the remaining chickpeas, garlic, salt, cumin and cayenne in a food processor until almost fully ground, about 15 seconds. Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. With the machine running, add the lemon juice/water mixture in a steady stream through the feed tube. Scrape down the bowl and continue to process for another minute. With the machine running, add the oil/tahini mixture in a steady stream through the feed tube; continue to process until the hummus is smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl, sprinkle the reserved chickpeas and cilantro/parsley over the surface, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until flavors meld, about 30 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil; serve cold or at room temperature.
Print Recipe Tomatillo Salsa Verde Great fresh salsa. Author: Dave Ingredients1 Tbsp lime juice2 jalapeno or serranos halved, seeded, and minced1/2 cup cilantro minced1/2 cup white onion diced1 lb tomatillos dicedsalt1/4 tsp sugar InstructionsRemove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well. Cut tomatillos in half […]
Print Recipe Teriyaki sauce Japanese teriyaki sauce I make Author: Wes Nondorf Ingredients1 cup soy sauce1 cup mirin1/4 cup Sugar4 Tbsp sake2 cloves garlic minced1 Tbsp Ginger grated1/4 cup honey1 tsp sesame oil1 Tbsp red pepper flakes InstructionsCombine all ingredients in saucepan over high […]
Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 can Frenched Green Beans
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 small pnion diced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Black Pepper
- tater tots
- Saute onions and ground beef, seasoning to taste.
- Combine all ingredient except tater tots in a greased baking dish.
- Cover mixture with tater tots.
- Pre-Heat oven to 350*.
- Place cover over pan and bake at 350 for 30 min.
- Uncover and bake another 30 min to crisp tater tots.