- Sheet Pan
- Serrated Knife
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- With a serrated knife (a bread knife works great), slice a large ‘X’ on the flat side of the chestnuts. NOTE: Be sure you slice through to the nut itself which allows steam to escape when cooking and easy peeling.
- Place scored chestnuts on a baking sheet with the X facing up.
- Bake until the shell of the chestnut is peeling back around the ‘X’ (depending on the chestnuts approximately 15-25 minutes). Refer to the photos below.
- Remove from oven and place a kitchen towel over the pan allowing them to steam slightly for 15 minutes.
Original Poster: https://boulderlocavore.com/the-best-roasted-chestnuts/