Print Recipe Norseman Gin Ricky Very bright and refreshing version of a Gin Ricky that Marina had at Eat Street Social Prep Time5 minsCook Time1 minTotal Time6 mins Course: DrinksCuisine: American Servings: 1 Drink Author: Dave Ingredients55 ml Norseman Gin25 ml Lime Juice2.5 ml […]
Print Recipe Kettle Corn Prep Time2 minsCook Time5 minsTotal Time9 mins Cuisine: American Servings: 2 People Author: Dave Ingredients1/3 Cup Popcorn Kernels Mushroom kernels work best2 Tbsp oil I use peanut or canola but any neutral oil works1 tsp Demerara Sugar1 tsp White Sugar1/4 […]
Popcorn on the Stovetop
- 1/3 Cup Popcorn Any type of kernels
- 1 Tbsp Oil High smoke point preffered
- To Taste Popcorn Salt Popcorn salt has smaller grains, but any salt will work
- Put oil in vessel and place on medium heat.
- Add 2 or 3 kernels to the oil immediately.
- When test kernels pop add the rest of the kernels and turn the burner to high.
- Frequently agitate to ensure the popcorn don't burn.
- Once the popping noise stops, take off heat and place into a bowl.
- Toss with salt while still hot and serve.
- I use a Whirlypop, but a covered bowl will work just as well as long as it is covered (YouTube Alton Brown's popcorn making)
- Cooking time varies by your stove's burner output, adjust as needed.
Print Recipe Dumpling Dipping Sauce (Jiaozi Jiang) Taiwanese dumpling dipping sauce from “The food of Taiwan” page 56. Prep Time10 minsTotal Time10 mins Cuisine: Taiwanese Servings: 1 Cup Author: Dave Ingredients2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar1/2 tsp Sesame Oil1 tsp Fresh Ginger julienned […]
Print Recipe Ultimate Hummus Despite the arrogance of the name, it is a damn fine recipe. I double this typically, which works well. Ingredients1/2 cup dried chickpeas picked through and rinsed1/8 tsp baking soda1 qt. water3 Tbsp lime juice6 Tbsp tahini stirred well2 Tbsp extra […]
Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 jalapeno or serranos halved, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 lb tomatillos diced
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well.
- Cut tomatillos in half and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place under a broiler for about 5-7 minutes to lightly blacken the skin.
- Dice/Chop all ingredients accordingly.
- Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, chili peppers, sugar in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cool in refrigerator and mix when ready to serve.
Print Recipe Tater Tot Casserole Another classic midwestern casserole from my Childhood; better and healthier (sort of ) than the average tater tot hot dish. Author: Dave Ingredients2 can Frenched Green Beans1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup1 small pnion diced1 lb Ground BeefSaltBlack Peppertater […]
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 3 green peppers large
- 1 onion small, diced
- 3/4 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Half and clean the peppers and cook in microwave for about 2 min, or until just slightly softened.
- Place peppers in 9x13" baking pan; or one of a size that holds everything.
- Sauté the onions and the ground beef.
- Mix all ingredient together and pour over peppers.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 45min., or until the peppers are cooked through.
- As desired, add more cheddar on top of the peppers near end of cooking and let melt.
Print Recipe Spinach and Artichoke Dip Easy Spinach and Artichoke dip. Author: Dave Ingredients6 oz Parmesan cheese grated6 oz ramano cheese grated13 oz Sour Cream16 oz cream cheese8 oz mayo2 lb frozen spinach chopped64 oz artichoke hearts julieanned4 cloves garlic minced1/2 oz salt and pepper […]