Servings 2 People
- 1/3 Cup Popcorn Kernels Mushroom kernels work best
- 2 Tbsp oil I use peanut or canola but any neutral oil works
- 1 tsp Demerara Sugar
- 1 tsp White Sugar
- 1/4 tsptbsptsptbsp Salt
- Put kernels, sugar, and salt into a small dish and set aside.
- Put WhirlyPop/kettle on the burner at medium heat, add oil, and 2 or 3 popcorn kernels.
- When the kernels pop, the oil is up to temp. Add the mixture that was set aside earlier and stir frequently so that the sugars and salt dissolve but keep the mixture moving so they don't burn.
- When the kernels begin to sizzle turn the heat to high. The kernels will start to pop. Keep stirring/agitating so they don't burn.
- Once all/most of the kernels have stopped popping, dump everything into a large bowl and toss continuously while cooling so they don't solidify into one large mass.
- Allow to finish cooling for around 5 minutes so the kernels crisp and eat. (Kernels are still pretty chewy until completely cool.)