Mom's Stuffed peppers.
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 3 green peppers large
- 1 onion small, diced
- 3/4 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Half and clean the peppers and cook in microwave for about 2 min, or until just slightly softened.
- Place peppers in 9x13" baking pan; or one of a size that holds everything.
- Sauté the onions and the ground beef.
- Mix all ingredient together and pour over peppers.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 45min., or until the peppers are cooked through.
- As desired, add more cheddar on top of the peppers near end of cooking and let melt.