- 500 g boneless chicken breast cubed or pounded and sliced
- 24 Skewers soaked for several hours
- 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 shallots peeled
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- Soak the tamarind pulp in the warm water for 5 minutes. Mash with fingers and strain to obtain juice. Grind the garlic, shallots, coriander seeds, cumin, salt, and tamarind juice to a smooth paste in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oil.
- Add cubed/sliced chicken. Mix well and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread 4-5 chicken cubes or one long slice to each skewer. Grill under a flame broiler or over a barbeque grill until golden brown on both sides and cooked, about five minutes.
- Serve with dipping bowls of the Peanut Sauce and Sweet Soy Dip