Print Recipe Yakisoba I hesitated about posting this as a recipe exactly because it’s made thousands of ways and you can add whatever sounds good. So think of this as a stock recipe that can be modified however you like it. Ingredients2 cup cabbage cut […]
Author: Wes Nondorf
Print Recipe Teriyaki sauce Japanese teriyaki sauce I make Author: Wes Nondorf Ingredients1 cup soy sauce1 cup mirin1/4 cup Sugar4 Tbsp sake2 cloves garlic minced1 Tbsp Ginger grated1/4 cup honey1 tsp sesame oil1 Tbsp red pepper flakes InstructionsCombine all ingredients in saucepan over high […]
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 60 ml warm water
- 250 g raw peanuts dry roasted skins removed
- 2 red finger-length chilies
- 2 cm galangal root
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 90 g palm sugar can sub brown sugar
- 500 ml hot water
- Soak tamarind pulp in the warm water for 5 minutes, then mash well, squeeze and strain to obtain tamarind juice.
- Grind the peanuts coarsely in a food processor, then remove and set aside.
- Grind the chilies, galangal, garlic, kaffir lime leaves, tamarind juice, salt and palm sugar in a spice grinder or blender to form a smooth paste.
- Add the ground peanuts to the spice paste and pulse a few times.
- Add hot water until it turns into a thick sauce.
Print Recipe Honey-Mustard BBQ Boneless Ribs Author: Wes Nondorf Ingredients1/2 cup apple cider2 Tbsp light brown sugar1/3 cup clover honey4 Tbsp dijon mustard1 pinch Salt1 pinch Black Pepper2 racks St Louis/country style pork ribs 12-ribs on each4 Tbsp Canola Oil4 cups Water3 oz. Ginger Fresh, […]
Print Recipe Grilled Steak and Eggs with Beer and Molasses Sauce Author: Wes Nondorf Ingredients1 1/2 tsp unsalted butter1/2 yellow onion finely diced1 clove garlic minced1/2 cup molasses1/2 cup apple cider2 Tbsp Sugar1/2 cup lager-style beer1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard2 tsp Lemon Juice fresh1 1/2 […]
Chicken or Paneer Tikka
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs Cut into bite sized chunks
- 4 tsp. Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp. Tandoori Masala
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Red Chili Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Green Chilis To Taste, minced
- Skewers if bamboo, soak in water
- Chicken: Wash, clean and cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Put the Chicken/Paneer in a bowl and add lemon juice to it.
- Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a zip lock. Mix well.
- Check to insure everything is properly salted and otherwise spiced.
- Add Chicken/Paneer to the marinade and mix well.
- Let the Chicken/Paneer marinate for 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Thread the Chicken/Paneer on pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Broil the Chicken/Paneer in the oven on high. Cook the Chicken for 8 minutes on each side and the Paneer 10 minutes one side and 7 minutes on the other...or till the Chicken/ Paneer are lightly brown.
- Once fully cooked, remove from the oven and garnish with onions and lemon wedges and serve with Mint Chutney.
Print Recipe Butternut Squash Risotto Author: Wes Nondorf Ingredients1 1/4 Cup Arborio Rice uncooked2 tsp olive oil2 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth1 cup Water12 oz. Butternut Squash frozenpureed1/4 tsp salt1/4 tsp pepper6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated InstructionsThaw squash. Heat Olive Oil in medium saucepan over medium […]