Print Recipe Yakisoba I hesitated about posting this as a recipe exactly because it’s made thousands of ways and you can add whatever sounds good. So think of this as a stock recipe that can be modified however you like it. Ingredients2 cup cabbage cut […]
Month: February 2017
Print Recipe Ultimate Hummus Despite the arrogance of the name, it is a damn fine recipe. I double this typically, which works well. Ingredients1/2 cup dried chickpeas picked through and rinsed1/8 tsp baking soda1 qt. water3 Tbsp lime juice6 Tbsp tahini stirred well2 Tbsp extra […]
Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 jalapeno or serranos halved, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 lb tomatillos diced
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well.
- Cut tomatillos in half and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place under a broiler for about 5-7 minutes to lightly blacken the skin.
- Dice/Chop all ingredients accordingly.
- Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, chili peppers, sugar in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cool in refrigerator and mix when ready to serve.
Print Recipe Teriyaki sauce Japanese teriyaki sauce I make Author: Wes Nondorf Ingredients1 cup soy sauce1 cup mirin1/4 cup Sugar4 Tbsp sake2 cloves garlic minced1 Tbsp Ginger grated1/4 cup honey1 tsp sesame oil1 Tbsp red pepper flakes InstructionsCombine all ingredients in saucepan over high […]
Print Recipe Tater Tot Casserole Another classic midwestern casserole from my Childhood; better and healthier (sort of ) than the average tater tot hot dish. Author: Dave Ingredients2 can Frenched Green Beans1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup1 small pnion diced1 lb Ground BeefSaltBlack Peppertater […]
Print Recipe Stuffed Peppers Mom’s Stuffed peppers. Author: Dave Ingredients15 oz Tomato Sauce1 tsp sugar1 tsp dried basil1 tsp salt2 cup cooked rice3 green peppers large1 onion small, diced3/4 lb Ground Beef1/2 cup grated cheddar InstructionsHalf and clean the peppers and cook in microwave for […]
Print Recipe Spinach and Artichoke Dip Easy Spinach and Artichoke dip. Author: Dave Ingredients6 oz Parmesan cheese grated6 oz ramano cheese grated13 oz Sour Cream16 oz cream cheese8 oz mayo2 lb frozen spinach chopped64 oz artichoke hearts julieanned4 cloves garlic minced1/2 oz salt and pepper […]
Spicy Dry Rub
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 1 cup paprika
- 3/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/2 cup onion powder
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cumin Powder
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in airtight container.
Print Recipe Sate Ayam Author: Dave Ingredients500 g boneless chicken breast cubed or pounded and sliced24 Skewers soaked for several hours2 tsp Tamarind Pulp2 Tbsp hot water3 cloves garlic peeled4 shallots peeled1 tsp coriander seeds1/4 tsp cumin seeds1/2 tsp salt1 1/2 Tbsp Oil InstructionsMarinadeSoak the […]